We'd love to hear from you!

Share your feedback or request a post here.

Name

Email *

Message *

Search

April 17, 2020

Simple Project Timer/ Tracker



One of the most useful tools I use as a freelance photographer is not a camera or a lens.

Rather, the most useful tool in my photography arsenal as of late has been a simple project tracker which I developed using Google Sheets. This tracker allows me to keep track of how much time I spend working on a project either in the field or in front of the computer.

Whether you are learning to budget your time or making sure to provide clients with accurate billing information a resource like this can prove especially helpful.

To try it out for yourself open the document in Google Sheets on your desktop or laptop, make a copy of the file and personalize your hourly rate. Then, simply click on the start button when you initiate a task and the stop button when you finish.

It's that simple.

Furthermore, you can write a note for each task. Feel free to start and stop the timer at any time when you take a break. The tracker will automatically figure out the total amount of time you spend working on the project based on how long it was left running. It will then calculate the total billing amount based on the hourly rate.

This simple document has proven very useful for me when it comes to making sure I use my time more efficiently and effectively. One of the reasons I decided to make it on google sheets is because it is easily accessible when I am editing photos or video.

Independent contractors should know better than anyone that time is money, so stop waisting yours.

author About Author: Misael Virgen is a photographer, editor, educator and life-long learner. He currently teaches Digital Photography in San Diego, CA. Read More...

Connect with him on Instagram | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter
We'd love to hear from you! Share your feedback or request a post here. Or better yet, drop me a comment bellow ⬇.

No comments:

Follow Misaellaneous! Stay up to date with the latest photography news, resources and more. Powered by FeedBurner.
X