We'd love to hear from you!

Share your feedback or request a post here.

Name

Email *

Message *

Search

July 19, 2012

San Francisco, the City by the Bay

bridge, golden gate, night, san francisco, landscape, fort point, midnight
A view of the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge from Fort Point.

During summer, my family and I visited San Francisco for the first time. During our stay, we visited Alamo Square, Pier 39, the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park and of course the famous Golden Gate Bridge.

We made the trip from San Diego by car. I can remember being on the freeway for hours admiring the rural-like landscapes along the way. Our 550 mile journey was long and tiresome. Meanwhile I had that photographer’s tingle in my fingers wishing I could get shots of the scenery before me but knowing we had to stay on the move.

Finally, we ended up making a stop in Patterson, CA to visit family. Only then, was I able to take a moment to photograph the apricot groves under the starlit sky.


We made our arrival to the big city the next day. As we toured the city on foot, I couldn't help but notice the cable lines that linked the city above me. Not to mention the city streets which are the steepest I have ever seen. I only thank God I wasn’t driving stick or I would have freaked. By nightfall the stars that once lit up the Patterson sky had gradually disappeared and replaced by the big city lights.

One night I decided to sneak out of the hotel room to get a shot of the Golden Gate Bridge. During the day, the bridge was packed with tourists and commuters coming and going, but around 10 p.m. the entire place was bare. The bridge practically became deserted after midnight, except for the few city workers painting the bridge.

When I decided to head back to the hotel from the north side I had to wake the teller at the toll booth because she was sound asleep.

We enjoyed the rest of our stay dining in China Town and Pier 39, walking along Fisherman's Wharf and taking a ferry ride around the entire bay.
I don’t think I will ever outgrow these family vacations.

victorian homes, alamo square, downtown, san francisco, full house, park
A couple enjoys a view of downtown San Francisco from Alamo Square on a June summer day.


cable, line, san francisco, trolley, cable cars, art, pattern, transportation
San Francisco Cable Lines link the city from above.


apricot, trees, gove, night, starlit, patterson
Apricot groves of Patterson, CA under a star lit night sky.


aquarium of the bay, jellyfish, purple, swim, glow, san francisco, pier 39
Jellyfish.


Alcatraz, prison, cells, san francisco, escape, island
Alcatraz prison cells.


downtown, san francisco, golden gate, vista point, view, viewfinder, bay bridge, treasure island
A look at downtown San Francisco from the Golden Gate Bridge Vista Point.
author About Author: Misael Virgen is a photographer, editor, educator and life-long learner. He currently teaches Digital Photography in San Diego, CA. Read More...

Connect with him on Instagram | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter
We'd love to hear from you! Share your feedback or request a post here. Or better yet, drop me a comment bellow ⬇.

No comments:

Follow Misaellaneous! Stay up to date with the latest photography news, resources and more. Powered by FeedBurner.
X